More Glass, Less Plastic
We are continuously learning how to produce more sustainable and eco-friendly products. That way once our products leave the NC studio we have peace of mind knowing that it’s as easy as possible for our customers to appropriately recycle and/or reuse their bottles and jars. This core value of our company lead us to change our plastic sampling options and replace them with glass. Our goal was to continue offering a smaller size option of our products while trying our best to eliminate as much plastic as possible, and thus our “travelers” were born.
We are researching daily in hopes to find a similarly appropriate option that will offer both sustainability and is travel-safe for our other products which remain in plastic bottles like our face and body washes. We learn something new every day and pledge to be as eco friendly as possible and are holding ourselves accountable. It’s very important to us to remind each other that at the end of the day it’s all up to us individually as consumers to make the best choices we can when disposing of our trash. We are here to provide you with the tools to make that as easy as possible. We want to thank you for being conscious consumers and for both inspiring and pushing us to further our environmental awareness.
A reminder on how to properly dispose of your NC package:
- Our packing peanuts are biodegradable and decompose in water. They are safe to toss in your compost bin or it takes a couple minutes for them to completely dissolve in hot water in any sink or tub! Check out how easy it is here : How to Dissolve Starch Peanuts
- Our green bubble wrap is made from recycled materials and can be put into your usual recycling bin
- Cardboard USPS box that your package arrives in can go straight into the recycling bin as well
- Plastic Bottles- keep to refill an/or use for on the go,
- Glass bottles- Here are some ideas for re-use that we love:
A great idea for re-using an empty mist bottle is to fill it with a mix to spray your shoes with or a mix to have on hand to wash your fruits and veggies with when you get home from the grocery store.
If you are unsure how to properly dispose of ANY specific type of trash or waste, check out this awesome website that lets you plug in your zip code and gives you a list of places where you can dispose of a variety of waste.
By Lauren Capritto